Sunday, January 23, 2011

The discipline of sharing

How can I share the gospel with power and zeal if I am not believing the gospel myself? As I drove home tonight after an attempt to talk to a couple who was leaving Wallmart, I realized how often I detach sharing the gospel from my own heart. How pitiful would it be if I committed my life to sharing the greatest news ever without truly believing and trusting that it applies to me.  I am not saying that I should only share when we feel a certain warm fuzzy feeling but rather that I would be honest with God about the condition of my heart.  As I commit to share daily I am finding that verbalizing this good news acts as a guard against apathy and unbelief. Being active in sharing my faith is just as important for me than the person I am sharing with.

No comments:

Post a Comment