Saturday, October 22, 2011

Anger towards Jesus

As I left the supermarket I approached some Giant employees who were on break. I ask if I could share some good news with them. One of the employees who seemed to be in his teens says something like "This better not have anything to do with Jesus." "I will walk away if you start talking about Jesus". This really caught me off guard. I tried to ask him why he was so defensive but he wouldn't let me talk. Then another employee said I am going to have to ask you to leave. You are not aloud to solicit here. I tried to explain that I wasn't trying to sell anything but at this point it was best for me to leave. Please pray for this young man who had a lot of anger towards Christ. This was probably the most opposition I have faced when trying to share the gospel. God reminded me that when I was dead in my sin I hated Christ.

Heavenly Father,

Thank you for the going to the cross while we were yet sinners. Please humble me and break me so I may truly share the gospel out of love and compassion. May others not see me but you working through me.

No comments:

Post a Comment